What's new

looool???? touchscreen stopped working since last update?

macmee

Has anyones touchscreen stopped working since the last update?

I can't believe this is a bug lol.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, it's been happening all along. you'll likely find the Pen is also not working and occasionally the trackpad stops too. The keyboard still works in my experience and you can manage to reboot to get them all back if you can get the navigation sorted out. ;)

OP
macmee

macmee

Yep, it's been happening all along. you'll likely find the Pen is also not working and occasionally the trackpad stops too. The keyboard still works in my experience and you can manage to reboot to get them all back if you can get the navigation sorted out. ;)

I didn't have my keyboard handy so I just gave up.

I took my SP4 on a trip instead of my macbook and I'm seriously regretting it. It's worked fine all last week but on the trip I've had driver crashes, terrible standby battery, onenote not opening, one crash where the entire screen froze and I hard to hard reboot and then the touchscreen stopped working.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps I should mention if this happens with the keyboard disconnected you can connect it and continue your work until you get to a nice reboot point.

If the trackpad has also gone nonresponsive here's a navigational tip. Press the Windows Key then use the arrow keys to get to the power menu and reboot. All the other shortcuts apply for saving your work if necessary... Alt-Tab, Alt S, Alt-F4 remember to use the function key to get Fn keys instead of control keys if necessary... ;)

Slider4105

I have had the touchscreen occasionally stop working as well. The fix I've found is to just hibernate the PC and when it resumes the touchscreen works perfectly fine.