What's new

LOVE it!!!

MikeBergin

Just got SurfaceBook i5 8gb. LOVE IT! everything works as it should. I haven't really tested the technical limits like some others here have (multiple 4k monitors with usb dock etc....). using this as laptop and tablet, it is GREAT! devices connect to it easily, the separation of the tablet from the keyboard works great. features of windows 10 are convenient and work great (Windows Hello). I can't wait to get more use out of this! Couldn't be happier! It hits the sweet spot of how I use technology. touch screen when laptop, tablet when tablet is needed.... I can't say enough good things about it!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome.

Save some of those exclamation marks for future updates to Windows 10, which are likely to make your experience even better. The Surface Book has lots of computing power. The trick is to get that power channeled into the smoothest, battery-savingest, and data sharingest device out there.

compnovo

I got the same configuration about a month ago and I'm very happy with it, and each update makes the experience even better. Suggestion: if you run into issues with battery drain while in sleep mode try shutting down or hibernating instead. These things boot so fast you can hardly see a difference.

OP
M

MikeBergin

I got the same configuration about a month ago and I'm very happy with it, and each update makes the experience even better. Suggestion: if you run into issues with battery drain while in sleep mode try shutting down or hibernating instead. These things boot so fast you can hardly see a difference.
Funny, I did just that.. Sleep mode killed the battery, so I set it to hibernate. boots so fast it isn't an issue