What's new

Love the pen! Looking for alternative when docked.

Stockholmstar

Hi All,
Any recommendations on what to use for pen input when docked? I work a lot whit the pen when travelling. However, at home office I prefer the 27 inch screen with keyboard, mouse etc... but in this set-up I really miss the ability to take notes, draw and annotate as the pen input on the SP3 is not convenient in the dock. I have been looking at a few Wacom board options in the 60-100 Euro range. Will these satisfy my need? Other alternatives? I'm not a sketch artist. I just need to be able to do the above..

/Ulf

Telstar1948

Try a good USB 3 or displayport hub that allows you to use the SP3 out of the dock, kickstand all the way extended so that you may ink on it and still have it hooked up to external monitors.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use a wacom bamboo tablet when I'm using my desktop PC. It's fine but I don't like it as much as being able to ink directly on the screen I'm looking at. I often wish I could use my Surface as a peripheral for my desktop in that regard!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps an enterprising manufacturer will make a cable you can connect between the dock and SP3 connector so it can be used flat. How hard could it be... not very. I almost cant believe it wasn't included in the box from the beginning.

bluegrass

Perhaps an enterprising manufacturer will make a cable you can connect between the dock and SP3 connector so it can be used flat. How hard could it be... not very. I almost cant believe it wasn't included in the box from the beginning.

Had the same idea but you beat me to it. Guess you could buy an extra dock, tear it apart, pull the connector out and make your own.