Lump under Winodws logo? - New SP2

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 2' started by Divine_Madcat, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat New Member

So, i am hoping somebody might be of help. I just got a new 512GB SP2 from the groupon deal, and while i love it, after wasting two screen protectors, i noticed something annoying..

If i look edge on, i can see that the glass under the Windows logo is raised/curved, and you can basically feel a bulge. It doesn't seem to effect performance, but like i said, did mess up screen protector application, and i am worried about the long term stress on flexed glass.

Is this somehow normal, or have others seen it and applied a fix? I know the thing is glued down, but i am hoping somebody has an idea...

2. Philtastic

Philtastic Active Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Mine doesn't have any bump in the glass. Probably a defect.

3. jefhart

jefhart Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    Return it if you can.

4. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat New Member

Easy to say, hard to do.. i love the machine, and i doubt i will be able to get another at the price i did...

Now, i am considering the extended warranty, since it should keep me covered...As it is, t isn't huge, just something i noticed

5. Aaron Pepelis

Aaron Pepelis Member

That is weird. I wonder if it is heat related. I think my SP2 got hot and some of the glue around the bezeling has left little boogers on my screen. The one I have is a refurb I think. I asked about the screen boogers after getting it, but they never replied.

6. lords20

lords20 New Member

Get it replaced asap. I have been through a lot of problems with the surface pro and pro 2. If there a store close by, it would be worth your time to go. If you can get the warranty, I would same you a lot of problems too.

7. Divine_Madcat

Divine_Madcat New Member

Nope, no store nearby. This was purchased from the Groupon deal, so at best it would be a return; as i said, i am otherwise happy with it, and since i cant get another for the price...

But, i am seriously considering the warranty. Anyone have an opinion on the "Microsoft Complete" warranty?

- well, i caved. Between this, and having a 2 year old at home, it feels stupid not to have a warranty on something like this..Still, open to hear any experiences though

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  8. jefhart

jefhart Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    The warranty is definitely worth the money. I've seen tons of threads on reddit titled "get the warranty" and "should have bought the warranty". I waited too long and was unable to purchase it myself.