What's new

Magnetic flap cover?

johnj2803

Is there an accessory that exist like the Microsoft keyboard that magnetically attaches to the surface but its a flap only without the keyboard? like the apple smart cover with or without the folds...

I find myself putting the keyboard behind the surface and sliding the surface to a rough table or some other surface and afraid that the keyboard keys might get scratched or pried out....

OP
J

johnj2803

yes i've seen a couple of those things but these also come with a back cover where the flap front cover attaches to... I was wondering if there were flaps that use the magnet for the keyboard and lets me use the built in stand for the surface.

its so weird that nobody makes something like this... :D

Last edited:

malberttoo

Is there an accessory that exist like the Microsoft keyboard that magnetically attaches to the surface but its a flap only without the keyboard? like the apple smart cover with or without the folds...

I find myself putting the keyboard behind the surface and sliding the surface to a rough table or some other surface and afraid that the keyboard keys might get scratched or pried out....

This has been asked before, you are not alone in wanting one. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that Apple has a patent on it and Microsoft probably figures there's not enough demand to justify paying royalties.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
This has been asked before, you are not alone in wanting one. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that Apple has a patent on it and Microsoft probably figures there's not enough demand to justify paying royalties.
Apple has a patent on a Smart Cover although its really not smart.
MS could go for a dumb cover, with a window that allows notifications to show through. :)

OP
J

johnj2803

For those looking for the magnetic flap, This is how I compromise on having the keyboard when using as a tablet.

uploadfromtaptalk1422393957416.jpg