What's new

Mail app crashing

Henri

Hello!

On my 32GB RT the modern Mail app keeps crashing to start screen when I launch the app. Sometimes this happens and sometimes not, and when it does, it may happen once or twice in a row before the app stays open. Anyone have the same issue? Usually I have programs open in the desktop (IE, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and also Onedrive app. All the apps on the Desktop side work without issues like this.

-Henri

apnicolle

I had exactly the same issue, which became more common over a couple of weeks (sometimes needed 3 or 4 attempts to start Mail, and then it wouldn't open at all). The solution I found online was to go to the App Store, find the Mail/Calendar app and delete it, reboot, go back to the app store and reinstall the app. All settings etc were restored and I've had no problems since.

jasonhar

Hi, I've been through a heap of forums on this topic and there never seems to be a solution. a lot of people are having the same issue (including myself) but there doesn't seem to be a fix. Anyone have any news on this?

Thanks heaps

jgilletteski

Just reran the install that I had originally downloaded from microsoft (didn't even uninstall) and it seems to be working fine now!!

Good luck!!