What's new

Make IE Desktop LOOK and act like the MUI?

dniezby

Since I'm trying to use IE Desktop on my SP3 I figured, this might be the forum that could know this answer.

I was wondering, does anyone know if there is a way to get the IE Desktop to act like the MUI version?

What I'm really looking for is for full screen, large buttons and touch ability? Maybe I should look into a theme or something??

Opinions..

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Full Screen=F11 but the rest would need a 3rd party solution... of which I'm not aware of any....

leeshor

Due to the fact they are basically 2 different programs I feel you are asking a lemon to look like an orange. Both are roughly round but that's it.

OP
dniezby

dniezby

I'm really looking more for larger, clean view. Everything in desktop mode is so small. I could zoom in but then it mis-shapens everything.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You're describing MUI IE, are you want the desktop for a specific plugin? MUI IE is WinRT written in Native Code and IE11 is a legacy Win32 Program.... here is the reason MS is needing to people to move to MUI Apps and why they will be supported as Windowed Apps in Threshold.

OP
dniezby

dniezby

You're describing MUI IE, are you want the desktop for a specific plugin? MUI IE is WinRT written in Native Code and IE11 is a legacy Win32 Program.... here is the reason MS is needing to people to move to MUI Apps and why they will be supported as Windowed Apps in Threshold.

Yes, one of the main, if not ONLY reason I need to use the desktop version is for a plug-in. Specifically, DO Not Track plugin. I would like to use DNT to manage my passwords, create secure credit cards, etc. The plugin works great in IE Desktop and of course, doesn't work at all in MUI version.

bluegrass

It's not a good solution but you can increase everything by choosing screen resolution and then clicking on "Make text and other items larger or smaller. Most people find a happy balance with 150% but you can increase it more. The problem will be that MUI apps will be bigger then you want.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Do Not Track Plugin does work in MUI IE

upload_2014-9-16_10-18-21.png