What's new

Manafacturing Defects on the Surface RT

OP
M

matt1337

Well I found my receipt. I purchased this on May 17th this year. 5 months old.. unbelievable
I will be taking this in person to best buy today to see if they can do anything about it. And after that I will take it in person to the Microsoft store.
I hope something can be done about this... After taxes with the touch cover I paid almost $700

oion

Well I found my receipt. I purchased this on May 17th this year. 5 months old.. unbelievable
I will be taking this in person to best buy today to see if they can do anything about it. And after that I will take it in person to the Microsoft store.
I hope something can be done about this... After taxes with the touch cover I paid almost $700

Definitely take to the stores. The MS store may be more sympathetic, but it doesn't hurt to try both. The phone/online warranty exchange is always going to be tougher unless there's functional issues. Good luck with that...

OP
M

matt1337

Well I went both places. I went to best buy first, talked to the manager and they would only exchange it if I bought a service plan which would cost me over $100 ... I said screw that and went to the Microsoft store. In less than 5 minutes I was walking out with a brand new surface.

OP
M

matt1337

PA257023.JPG

beman39

gawd best buy sucks, they find any reason not too reimburse/exchange or price match, they're extremely greedy franchise, anyways glad it worked out for you OP

kuodachrome

did you need to show them the receipt? my surface is starting to peel right on the kickstand above the windows logo. started small, but continues to flake off.

OP
M

matt1337

I think this issue with the paint peeling / flaking off is why Microsoft has opted not to paint the new Surface 2. Personally I think it looks better painted black.

oion

I think this issue with the paint peeling / flaking off is why Microsoft has opted not to paint the new Surface 2. Personally I think it looks better painted black.

But that begs the questiion, why keep Surface Pro 2 black? I think the real reason why Microsoft left Surface 2 "bare" is to differentiate it as much as possible from the Pro. People kept buying the wrong version and were incredibly confused by the first gens. Another probable reason is cost--chop off the extra veneer step, save money to keep the overall price down.