What's new

Manufacture date?

error404llc

i purchased a sp3 128 i3 second hand recently, and registered it to me and standard warranty says 2/17, the store got it from says they got the device in December, so am i safe in assuming this sp3 was made recently? Does Microsoft pad their warranty to take into account shelf time? im just curious how i can determine when this was made and originally purchased

thanks for any information

Plantje

I recently bought a refurbished Surface 3. Since it was originally a business device I wasn't able to register it myself. But I did see that the warranty was valid until December 2017. So I gave Microsoft a call and they were able to register it to my name as an individual consumer.
I asked them if I now had the warranty until December 2017 and yes that was the case. Without a receipt? Yes, without a receipt.
The receipt is only needed to take in account shelf time and extend your warranty so it covers the time YOU had the device.

Your device is most likely manufactured February 2015 as Microsoft provides 2 years of warranty. At least: in The Netherlands that is the case.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
i purchased a sp3 128 i3 second hand recently, and registered it to me and standard warranty says 2/17, the store got it from says they got the device in December, so am i safe in assuming this sp3 was made recently? Does Microsoft pad their warranty to take into account shelf time? im just curious how i can determine when this was made and originally purchased

thanks for any information
I assume you didn't get the original box it came in but if you did there's a lot number on the box which is a four digit number with year and week number it was made (YYWW) if they received it in December it was likely made in November or December. Also of note the i3 128 GB model was a late 2015 addition to the line up I believe. Although I cannot find any reference at the moment to a release date.