What's new

Marvell Wifi Device Driver missing

Clarissa

Hello everyone,

my wifi device was not working correctly anymore and did not regonize my wifi (although another pc and my mobile did). Therefore, I uninstalled the driver and tried to install a new one - i can see the missing driver in the device manager (yellow sign). But unfortunately no driver I downloaded from the internet was working. Can you help me? My system is:

Surface Windows RT 8.1 32 bit

Best regards,
Clarissa

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just want to verify if this is a Surface RT. Or Surface 2.
The Surface RT has a dark colored back while the Surface 2 has a silver colored back.

OP
C

Clarissa

It is Surface RT, it is completely black.

The device is automatically detected, but no drivers are found. Even if I search my computer nothing is found.

leeshor

Just to double check, you removed the device from device manager initially. Try deleting the entry with the triangle and restart again.

Had you actually downloaded new drivers?

OP
C

Clarissa

Yes. I tried again, but it is still the same: "Windows was unable to install..." or "Windows could not find driver software".

I downloaded drivers which turned out to be suitable only for Surface Pro . I could not find any for Surface RT.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's where the driver should be:

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\mwls97w8arm.inf_arm_79e8a7a06d99b647

Try the driver update using the Let me pick from a list of devices ... "Have Disk" option and point to this directory or the .inf file in this directory.

I'd give it a shot however.... a thread on MS support site says you have to Refresh in this situation.

seramik

i've got exactly the same problem with my surface RT
but i cant find the directory :(
i donwload another driver from the web but surface dont reconize it :(

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
i've got exactly the same problem with my surface RT
but i cant find the directory :(
i donwload another driver from the web but surface dont reconize it :(
You might need to change Folder and Search Options to Show Hidden Files and Folders.

IDK its conceivable the number part of the directory might be different but it should match this part: mwls97w8arm.inf_arm_

Note: the MS Support site said you have to refresh so IDK if this will work.

IMO MS should be working hard to eliminate problems like this so refreshing for what amounts to trivial issues can be avoided. its just the wrong approach to take as a panacea.

Last edited:

seramik

i really don't have this directory,
and i see "hidden files and folders"
my problem is that i've already delete the old driver :( so i've got to find a new one
I've try to find antoher driver on the web, but all of them are only for "surface2"