What's new

Micro-SD and 128GB Card

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

There is no reason to think that a good quality 128GB would not work. Some have had them work, but others found that their cards were fakes.

colvill

The first thing I did when setting up my S3 was put in a new Sandisk 128gb card. I have one of these in my Note 4 too. Both of them have been working perfectly. On my S3 card I have all my music and a load of movies. I've kept my everyday documents in my Dropbox folder on the internal drive so I can easily pull the MicroSD card out if I need to access another card off my camera etc.

Make sure you buy a genuine card off a reputable dealer - lots of fakes out there.

leeshor

It appears it hasn't actually hit the market yet so I doubt anyone has tried it. Even if it was on the market I would hope it would be way South of $400

kundas1

look at how poor these scores are, and I can notice how much slower it is to unRAR a file on this 128 SD card compared to my 64GB card

Attachments

• Crystal diskmark capture.PNG
    Crystal diskmark capture.PNG
    90.3 KB · Views: 798

irogos

The thing to remember about SD cards is that they were designed for cameras originally. The really really fast SD cards that are coming out now that are class 10 are rated like that because they can handle the relatively large photos that newer cameras can take. They may be large files for photos, but they are small in comparison to files you are thinking of using the sd card for.

The most expensive fastest SD cards out today that cost a lot of money are the u3 class 10 cards. That means they have a 3 inside the U on the card and then a 10 in a circle. While manufacturers love to advertise maximum read speeds, us consumers should be aware of minimum write speeds because that is what really matters.

A u3 class 10 card has a minimum write speed of 30mb a sec. The typical u1 class 10 card that you see at the store indicating 90mb/s is max 90mb/s read and minimum 10mb/s write. Thats extremely slow.

Here's a bit more info if your interested. https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/speed/speed_class/