What's new

MicroSD Card Randomly Disconnecting

SJL

Is there a spring loaded mechanism when you push in the card? Mine seems to go in then just stop, it doesn't 'click in'. It's recognised and I can access it, but after a while the card just goes offline.

I've rebooted, done a format etc and still it randomly goes offline.

It's a SanDisk Ultra microSDHC/microSDXC 128GB card, brand new.

ctitanic

I have read somebody reporting this issue and have it fixed by making the card thicker by adding an extra layer of tape.

OP
S

SJL

Thanks guys, so there is a spring loaded mechanism that the card should click into?

benjitek

Thanks guys, so there is a spring loaded mechanism that the card should click into?
Yes -- it 'pops' it out as well... If you have to put tape around the card, you should exchange it, it's not working as it should.

malberttoo

Mine has no spring load mechanism. Just slips in, and slips out. I thought that was by design up until now....

JesseDiaz

Well I just tried mine and it does not CLICK...it just slips in and out...am I correct when I say it sounds like you guys are saying if there is not click, then the SP3 isn't working like its supposed to?

kristalsoldier

Mine does not click in either. But it has remained stable (touchwood!). On my Surface 2 (RT), however, it did click in.

graye

Yikes, I just had the same thing happen to me... my new SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB micro SD card just disconnected. But a quick physical removal/reinsertion brought it back.

My SP3 was sitting faced down on it's keyboard when it happened, so there's very little chance that it was movement/vibration that caused it to disconnect.

Like others, I do not feel/hear a click when plugging it in...

Two very similar cards from the same vendor both having the same problem.... hummmm

wertzius

Like it was already said 100 times before, Sandisk cards are thinner than others and need a piece of tape on the backside, to become thicker.