What's new

Microsoft Band Forums are Live!!

VickiFL

I'm trying to find one myself. I might have one tonight if the person is willing to sell it. It's brand new, and never used, he just decided he wanted something different. If I get it, I'll call Microsoft and get the Complete Plan immediately. Can't beat it for $20.00.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Downloaded the Microsoft Band apps for OS X (Mac) and Windows.
These shots under Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3.

So cool.

Screenshot (201).png

Screenshot (202).png

Screenshot (203).png

Screenshot (204).png

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using my Band for a couple of weeks. The app on my iPhone has been the only connection to the Band until now. I got to wondering if official Sync apps are available for Windows, and I discovered that Microsoft even wrote one for the Mac.

Here's the Mac picture.

Screen Shot 2014-12-04 at 9.07.15 PM.png

VickiFL

I got my MS Band this morning! So far, I really like it. My purple screen doesn't look like yours. Possibly because you are using Mac, and I couldn't find an app for my MS Band in the Microsoft Store for my SP3. I already downloaded the MS Band app for my Lumia 1520.

**Edit:

Seems they have desktop apps, but only have basic functionality...

PC: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44579
Mac: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-band-sync/id926162815

Given that its still early, I'm sure they will improve and add more to these soon.

I saw this post, and downloaded the PC app. It doesn't really do a lot, but I'm glad I have it now.

Thank you!

Last edited:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
... I saw this post, and downloaded the PC app. It doesn't really do a lot, but I'm glad I have it now...

It will sync and charge,which is handy, if you're going to be on your computer for awhile.
Never give up a chance to lose some electrons (charge a battery)!

Last edited:

VickiFL

It will sync and charge,which is handy, if you're going to be on your computer for awhile.
Never give up a chance to lose some electrons (charge a battery}!

I'll probably charge it on my SP3 every morning when I get up. I did the initial charge by using the A/C adapter from my Lumia 1520 Windows phone. I may use that option again, just to see if it's faster. I hate that it's losing data while it's off me charging.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget, the Microsoft Band, like other fitness wearables, continues to record your activity, even if your smartphone is not nearby. So, syncing to your phone, or a computer, uploads your data to your Microsoft Health account. The PC or Mac apps are not just for charging.

I've used my Microsoft Band twice at Starbucks. Worked perfectly. Rather than register the $5.00 gift card which came with my Band, I put in the same card number which was already registered on my iPhone. That card auto-reloads with cash. I did not think that would work, but it does!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Charging about 10 or 15 minutes a day is enough. The charger has a brilliantly designed magnetic connection to the inner side of the Band, and snaps on without fumbling. I keep a charger on USB on my desktop at the office, and one on a wall charger at home on the nightstand.

If you don't care about GPS, each charge lasts about 2.5 days. With GPS enabled via one of the fitness apps, about 1.5 days. I use the built-in steps recorder, similar to my Fitbit, without GPS. I also use the workout monitor sometimes. I start it at the beginning of my workout, and it monitors my heart rate throughout.