What's new

Microsoft In Store Classes

VickiFL

Having purchased Microsoft Complete, I was told that these classes are free to me. Are these classes worth the time and effort? Has anyone been to the classes? What did you think?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Having purchased Microsoft Complete, I was told that these classes are free to me. Are these classes worth the time and effort? Has anyone been to the classes? What did you think?
How advanced a user are you? I found based on the topics listed locally they tended to be targeted at beginner to maybe moderate computing knowledge. The one on one mentoring is probably more useful...

OP
VickiFL

VickiFL

I've been working on computers almost 30 years, DOS and Windows. This is my first "hybrid" PC, for lack of a better descriptive adjective. Little tips and tricks would be useful. I am still getting used to Windows 8.1, but that has been par for the course over the years. I always hate the new version of Windows. LOL

I will check out the one on one mentoring. I should probably make a list of questions over a select amount of time, then do it all at once. I've been using my SP3 more in desktop mode. I rarely use the apps. I wish they had a better selection.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My wife is almost 100% desktop.... When I was using Windows 8.1 I was about 80% MUI and my son is 50/50....

goodintentions

My wife is almost 100% desktop.... When I was using Windows 8.1 I was about 80% MUI and my son is 50/50....
I use both interfaces fluidly, and I'm 30. I'm sure the younger generation will not even think there is a difference between desktop and modern interfaces.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I use both interfaces fluidly, and I'm 30. I'm sure the younger generation will not even think there is a difference between desktop and modern interfaces.
Who you calling old? ;)

My son is the classic use case at 13, when he has the keyboard attached he is all desktop, once the keyboard is removed he is all MUI...