What's new

Microsoft lauch iPad vs. Windows website

Sin

I like it! I don't think most people really have no idea what the differences really are.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Would expect a site owned by Microsoft wouldn't highlight the strengths of its product over the competition?

Cike

Would expect a site owned by Microsoft wouldn't highlight the strengths of its product over the competition?

Expect? No.

Next question: Would a more honest comparison make the site worth looking at and raise Microsoft's reputation beyond "What? Do these guys think I'm some sort of idiot?"

Yes.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I made my comment with tongue firmly planted in cheek, but the site compares featured set but omits resolution, no where is pixels mentioned so it seems like a fare comparison of the features listed as Apple is shown with some strengths.

Last edited:

Cike

My biggest problem with the site is that it pretends to compare several different models, but it's mainly just showing the same thing for every Windows tablet. Yes, we know they all have USB ports, MS Office, etc.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Could it be that they all have the same, this is the biggest differentiator between Windows Tablets and the iPad and most Android Tablets. Microsoft needs to take command of the message as the Tech Pundits and Bloggers only focus on the Windows Tablets weakness and give most of not all of the props to Apple. Heck they compare the Surface Pro and all of the Ultrabook Hybrids to the iPad and say its too heavy for a tablet...