What's new

Microsoft NEEDS to come up with one of these

Nys299

I hope that Microsoft either releases a Surface Pro 3 cover with a built-in powerbank or just release a powerbank for the surface pro 3.

Currently as it stands, the battery life for my Surface Pro 3 lasts only about 4-5 hours max no matter how much I dim the screen. An additional portable powerbank will make the SP3 pretty much perfect.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope that Microsoft either releases a Surface Pro 3 cover with a built-in powerbank or just release a powerbank for the surface pro 3.

Currently as it stands, the battery life for my Surface Pro 3 lasts only about 4-5 hours max no matter how much I dim the screen. An additional portable powerbank will make the SP3 pretty much perfect.

There are numerous powerbanks compatible with the SP3.. I've one sat in my drawer right now that i bought for my nexus tablets. MS don't need to offer a powerbank, they need to offer an official DC cable at a realistic price point. Although if you want, you can pick up a 3rd party DC cable for a tenner to use with a powerbank (hate that term, it's an external battery!)

And with regard to battery life, it just depends what you use it for, no device will last a long time if used in a power user scenario. I'm just someone who types, inks, and reads, i get 9 hours all day every day without an issue.

olimjj

I understand it is not exactly what you are looking for, and it is not an aesthetic fit, but I believe the power cover keyboard made for the SP1 & SP2 and which is now discontinued, would work . I believe you can still purchase one on E-bay.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...&_nkw=power+keyboard+for+Surface+Pro&_sacat=0