What's new

Microsoft Officially Unveils New Surface RT 2 Revamped

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately it appears Microsoft has still failed to address the primary issue with the RT: connectivity.

Embedded LTE is not needed. Get a mobile hotspot on your plan. It'd be the same price.

No...the RT needs and has always needed PCoIP support with apps such as VMWare. If they want this to sell, they need to get working with VMWare and get that working.

Until it can securely tap into things as a client, it's certainly not going to sell at that price.

Why would MS want to work with VMware, a company that is declining in market share and is more interested in getting people off their platform?

T

TheConstruct

Why would MS want to work with VMware, a company that is declining in market share and is more interested in getting people off their platform?

Um… ok? We have over two hundred TCs using VMWare connecting to a Windows 7 VM server via PCIOP. So... yeah.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Um… ok? We have over two hundred TCs using VMWare connecting to a Windows 7 VM server via PCIOP. So... yeah.

If customers want a VMware solution then they need to get them to create a Modern UI App, I can connect to VDI solution using the RDP Modern UI App and I can connect to an x86 Application using App-V using mstsc.exe on my RT. I just did that with the FIM Cert Enrollment Client to get a Certificate for my Virtual Smart Card to VPN on my RT.