What's new

Microsoft replaced my surface pro 2 with pro 3

ezien

Did the person on the chat said that you would be getting a SP3 or was this info mailed to you? Do you know when you'll be getting the replacement?

Gainiac

They said it's very likely that I will get the sp3, but maybe they find a last sp2 somewhere in a corner :D I will get another mail today or tomorrow when the New one is send out.

ezien

OK. Thanks for the reply. I gave my SP2 to UPS on 27-10. This is the email that Support send me on 30-10:

We have received your device.

Your item will be checked by our exchange center and a replacement unit is processed. Your replacement item will be shipped soon.
This usually happens within a few days, depending on stock availability and possible delays in the carrier.

So I don't know what to think.

ezien

As far as know, the only difference between Standard and Advance Exchange is the turn-arround time. But I'm not sure :)

Gainiac

Hey there, I have a little update about my exchange. I wrote again with the same lady as at the first chat session and she said there are some delivering delays at the moment. And yes, she confirmed that I will get a SP3 with a Type Cover as exchange!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Microsoft will replace my Pro 4 with a Pro 5 :) ... yes, I'm sending my Pro 4 back and next year or the year after, I'll get a Pro 5. :D

jefhart

Hey there, I have a little update about my exchange. I wrote again with the same lady as at the first chat session and she said there are some delivering delays at the moment. And yes, she confirmed that I will get a SP3 with a Type Cover as exchange!
Did you have to send your type cover in too or did they just throw that in because it fits better than the TC2?

Gainiac

Today my SP3 arrived. It is the i3 Version. The device looks new. The pen, the cover and the charger were sealed.

GoodBytes

Today my SP3 arrived. It is the i3 Version. The device looks new. The pen, the cover and the charger were sealed.
Well, that is a downgrade in performance then. So you get better pen for note taking, larger screen (better aspect ratio), but you loose on performance a lot (it would have been less if you got the i5, as the SP3 does throttle, compared to the SP2, due to the same chip being used, but you are only 1 fan/heatsink, while the SP2 has 2 of them... and larger). I believe you do get a bit better battery life, and you get to enjoy the multi-angle kickstand, and improve power connector. Come to thing about it, you can also enjoy the SP4 keyboard.

So if performance isn't an issue for you, it is a nice trade off in my opinion.