What's new

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse

Tsurugaya

I considered purchasing this mouse but might buy the Logitech thin mouse since it can be used with multiple devices and I would love to have one BT mouse for both my SP3 and my work laptop even though it isn't as ergo

I have both, and the Thin Mouse is excellent as a mobile accessory, but not so much as a work mouse, this is were the Sculpt Mouse shines.

GTiceman

I have both, and the Thin Mouse is excellent as a mobile accessory, but not so much as a work mouse, this is were the Sculpt Mouse shines.

I just wish there were more choices for multi-device BT accessories. I want something that I can hit a Fn key or flip a switch and have the BT device switch from my work laptop to my SP3. I don't want multiple keyboards and mice all over my desk when working at home and Synergy is not a solution for me unfortunately.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I just wish there were more choices for multi-device BT accessories. I want something that I can hit a Fn key or flip a switch and have the BT device switch from my work laptop to my SP3. I don't want multiple keyboards and mice all over my desk when working at home and Synergy is not a solution for me unfortunately.

Have you tried Mouse without Boarders from Microsoft Garage? It allows you to use one mouse and keyboard across multiple devices....

GTiceman

Have you tried Mouse without Boarders from Microsoft Garage? It allows you to use one mouse and keyboard across multiple devices....

I did years ago, but I mention that Synergy is not a solution for the same reason MWB isn't. I am on a VPN when I work from home and even if I bind it to my wireless network adapter and not my VPN adapter, the PC to be linked times out. Furthermore, my work PC, the host in this case, isn't always powered on or in my home office. Thus the software solutions are ideal.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I did years ago, but I mention that Synergy is not a solution for the same reason MWB isn't. I am on a VPN when I work from home and even if I bind it to my wireless network adapter and not my VPN adapter, the PC to be linked times out. Furthermore, my work PC, the host in this case, isn't always powered on or in my home office. Thus the software solutions are ideal.
Gotcha....

ynohtna

I bought this BT mouse because I was getting pissed off at wireless receivers into usb3.0 hub causing issue with signal stability, esp when the usb hub has ethernet built it.

Almost right away on BT with the sculpt mouse, I have signal interruption, pointer doesn't move for a brief moment and even long moments. Can't win! Even switching to 5ghz wifi only doesn't make much difference :(