What's new

Microsoft Shipping - Perth

InspectHerGadget

I have just one complaint to vent.

I ordered a Surface 3 on Friday 3rd October. On Monday night it was sent to Toll IPEC where it was 'Sorted to Destination'. The estimated delivery is Monday the 13th.

I spoke to Toll who said it was a basic freight service that was paid for and that the consignment was being shipped by truck or rail from Melbourne and was in transit.

It is a bit uncool in my opinion to pay nearly $2000 for something to find it being shipped by the slowest means possible. Normally Toll means next day delivery.

I'm just a bit disappointed. I would think for another $10 or so they could have had it at my door by Tuesday, two days ago.

unruledboy

i am at Sydney, sp3 delivered by ups, same day as Australia first release.

perth is big city, should not have trouble by fast flight delivery, no idea why toll

accesser

Mine was posted 11/09/14 and arrived 22/09/14 to the outer north parts of Brisbane bit slower than I'd hopped but ohh well

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was there a choice on shipping??? That's something I always look at when ordering in case I have to make arrangements or leave instructions.

OP
I

InspectHerGadget

I don't think there is any choice. On release they shipped them by air as they wanted everyone to get them that pre-ordered so that they would all arrive on launch day, the last day of August.

After that though, all by slow coach across our massive continent, thousands of miles by road or rail.

Very slow. Mine in transit since Monday.

If you are ordering by phone from Microsoft. I would certainly ask about shipping though.

OP
I

InspectHerGadget

I ordered it on October 3rd and got it today Monday 13th.

It is a pretty slow delivery but it arrived safely and I set everything up. All is good.