What's new

Solved Microsoft Store Hasn't Worked On My SP3 for Months

Todd Peters

Here is a link to the image I get when I try to open the store:
http://imgur.com/zd0O6Vw

I also attached the image as a file. Could anyone help me fix this?
Thank You! I'm willing to try anything.

Attachments

• 2014-12-11 13_13_07-Store.png
    2014-12-11 13_13_07-Store.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 497

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you experience trouble with Windows Store (updating apps, browsing the Store, etc), Search - wsreset, press and hold wsreset select Run as administrator on the menu.

OP
Todd Peters

Todd Peters

I tried it, the screen went white for a minute, and then the same exact message popped up from before. Thank you for trying to help though!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I tried it, the screen went white for a minute, and then the same exact message popped up from before. Thank you for trying to help though!
A few of things that block the store:

• Some Internet Proxy Servers (Anonymizes Especially)
  • UAC or Firewall is Disabled
  • Over Aggressive Security Suites
  • Time Sync Issues
  • DNS Redirects

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found this little gem...
Open a Command Prompt as Administrator
type or paste the following command:
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
hit Enter.
Now in that same Administrator Command Prompt type or paste:
start "" "ms-windows-store:"

OP
Todd Peters

Todd Peters

I tried this verbatim and received the same message. The problem first appeared when I had to do a system-reset by holding the volume-up and power button. After that I had to re-sync my time to time.windows.com and the store hasn't worked since. I also tried turning my firewall off and turning it to default settings.
Thank you guys again for trying to help. It means a lot.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Try changing the date and time on your Surface Pro 3 to either the correct date and time (if it is wrong), or a date in the near future, (like tomorrow), if it is currently correct. Then try the store.

OP
Todd Peters

Todd Peters

There is no such thing as dumb questions. :]
Yes of course I'm verified. I used the store from June til September and downloaded quite a few apps from the store in that time.

EDIT: I changed my date to two weeks in the future and tried to open the store again. No luck.

leeshor

There is no such thing as dumb questions. :]
Yes of course I'm verified. I used the store from June til September and downloaded quite a few apps from the store in that time.

EDIT: I changed my date to two weeks in the future and tried to open the store again. No luck.
NEAR future, like tomorrow. ;)

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Crap. You can't even get it fixed for the next two weeks. o_O

Seriously, a growing number of people are getting involved here. It might be a "Christmas Miracle" to get you fixed, but we will do it!