What's new

Microsoft's Windows 10 Briefing is Tomorrow; Might Include a Hardware Announcement

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
windows-10-briefing-jan-21-2015.jpg

Microsoft's "next chapter" for Windows 10 briefing is tomorrow morning at 9am PT. There will be a number of details shared about what Microsoft is doing with the OS. Beyond just the new software features and functions of Microsoft's biggest product, there are rumblings in the industry that they will also include some details on new hardware.

Nothing specific was mentioned, but we can't help but wonder if a new Surface device will be introduced. What do you think the folks in Redmond have planned for us?

Here's a link to their live-feed for tomorrow: http://news.microsoft.com/windows10story/?OCID=WIP_r_Jan_Body_Webcast_9

Last edited:

TeknoBlast

You purchased a HP Stream 7, right ?

Like you I got one, and returned it the day after: I didn't like it at all.

So mister Microsoft, yes, please, a Surface Mini.

Yeah, I still have mine and do like it. Just rather have the Surface premium quality.

RémiM

Yeah, I still have mine and do like it. Just rather have the Surface premium quality.

The thing that I didn't like at all on the Stream 7 was the feeling when you touch the screen. It's a weird feeling, like the same I had on my Palm device 15 years ago.

But for 99$, I feel very stupid to complain ;)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm wishing for a Surface with a Snapdragon 810/Tegra X1 class SoC with upscale features and hardware along with an announcement that W10RT will be a First Class citizen in the community.

oion

I'm wishing for a Surface with a Snapdragon 810/Tegra X1 class SoC with upscale features and hardware along with an announcement that W10RT will be a First Class citizen in the community.

And I'm wishing for identical backwards-compatible form factor. An RT device shouldn't be 12-whatever inches, IMO. I'd like to be able to keep using my keyboard and save some cash, too.