What's new

Microsoft's Windows 10 Briefing is Tomorrow; Might Include a Hardware Announcement

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Oops! I had a pretty important typo in the story. It said 9am ET, but it was supposed to be PT, which will be a two hour difference. The OP is updated. Sorry about that! :)

VickiFL

I'm wondering, will Windows 10 be a free upgrade for 8.1 users? I hope so....

I'm watching to the Cortana part now.

malberttoo

How's your viewing experience? Terrible here, stopping and buffering every few minutes. I'm definitely not short on bandwidth here though.

VickiFL

How's your viewing experience? Terrible here, stopping and buffering every few minutes. I'm definitely not short on bandwidth here though.

Exactly the same as yours. I am listening intently, then it just stops and starts buffering. Quite frustrating.

BTW, I REALLY want Cortana on my SP3!! Just like my Lumia 1520!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm wondering, will Windows 10 be a free upgrade for 8.1 users? I hope so....

I'm watching to the Cortana part now.
Yes.
In the first year after Windows 10 is available, we'll be making available a free upgrade to Windows 10 to all devices running Windows 8.1." Free is here, Myerson says.
Also WP8.1 ... free upgrade.
Win7 also maybe... the wording on the tweet said free after the first year... not sure what that means :)

VickiFL

Yes.
In the first year after Windows 10 is available, we'll be making available a free upgrade to Windows 10 to all devices running Windows 8.1." Free is here, Myerson says.
Also WP8.1 ... free upgrade.
Win7 also maybe... the wording on the tweet said free after the first year... not sure what that means :)

Nice. I hope I will be able to upgrade my Lumia 1520 to Win10 for free as well. I may go into the store and have them help me since I have Microsoft Complete anyway.

I would really love to be able to go from inking in One Note on my SP3 right over to Inking on my Lumia!

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice. I hope I will be able to upgrade my Lumia 1520 to Win10 for free as well. I may go into the store and have them help me since I have Microsoft Complete anyway.
It will be interesting how they make that happen... traditionally the wireless carriers have controlled/blocked upgrades :) except for from the fruit hegemony.