What's new

Mind Map Software?

Tigergrrrl

Is there any good, easy to manipulate, mind mapping software that will work with Win10 and SP4?

I can freehand, but then I can't manipulate the nodes. I adore SchematicMind, but it appears that it's an Android only product.

I typically outline chapters this way, so I have a visual of how things work together.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

TIA
Maggie

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like simplemind. Has enough features for my needs but still very straight forward to use

fivetoedsloth

A vote for Simplemind. It syncs to all devices and is very easy. Another ultra simple and useful tool, not exactly a mind map but more of a free form notes tool that allows you to link things together, is Scapple by Literature and Latte. It works great in conjunction with Scrivener. Those two apps are excellent for writing projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
T

Tigergrrrl

A vote for Simplemind. It syncs to all devices and is very easy. Another ultra simple and useful tool, not exactly a mind map but more of a free form notes tool that allows you to link things together, is Scapple by Literature and Latte. It works great in conjunction with Scrivener. Those two apps are excellent for writing projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'll check both out. Thanks!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you. I'll check it out.

Only thing to be aware of is that on mine at least, it is the default for it to automatically arrange things for you, which you can't alter. So when you create a new empty map, before doing anything else, click on the topic button in the menu bar, and select layout, and then chose free-form.

OP
T

Tigergrrrl

Only thing to be aware of is that on mine at least, it is the default for it to automatically arrange things for you, which you can't alter. So when you create a new empty map, before doing anything else, click on the topic button in the menu bar, and select layout, and then chose free-form.
Thanks for the heads-up!

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
As such
simplemind.jpg

Here's an example of what they (can) looks like (it is not the easiest thing to use on a small screen! I run it on a 34" ultrawidescreen monitor so I can see everything at the same time without having to zoom out)

simplemind3.jpg