What's new

Mini display port adaptors

gtext

I have an Apple mini display port to VGA adaptor and an Apple mini display port to DVI adaptor. Can anyone confirm that these will work on the SP3.

Also have an Apple thunderbolt to gigabit Ethernet adaptor. The connector is the same as the mni display port but research suggests that the mini display port can't be used for data unfortunately.

Tom

I've got the Apple mini DP to dual-link DVI adapter, and it works with my Yamakasi 30-in monitor at 2500x1600.

BaritoneGuy

I have an Apple mini display port to VGA adaptor and an Apple mini display port to DVI adaptor. Can anyone confirm that these will work on the SP3.

Also have an Apple thunderbolt to gigabit Ethernet adaptor. The connector is the same as the mni display port but research suggests that the mini display port can't be used for data unfortunately.

They will both work. However due to the bevelled edge of the Surface they will not look as sexy as the actual MS adapters.

ragnevi

If Dual link from Apple works with 1600 pixel I am sure it will work with my Samsung s27a850 and 1440 output.