What's new

Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter

cemian

Hello,
To those who have one and have gotten it to work...are there any special steps involved? I have one adapter for hdmi and it connects with no problem..but my vga adapter does not work at all...maybe it is just defective..also could you let me know which one you have and where you got it? thanks!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Official One from Microsoft works best has it has the same bevel as the SP3, I have also used the StarTech version successfully but it tends to lack the support (the VGA end is very heavy) and it has damaged a couple of our SP3 we've deployed.

PCAnyWhere

I had purchased this one: Patec 3 in 1 Mini Display Port Mini DP to DVI VGA HDMI Video Adapter Cable
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00M2PAQN2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

it worked for about 2 months and has now failed completely. I used the VGA port primarily. I would plug and unplug it at least 3 times per day as I was moving around my office a lot. No I don't use a dock because it is a client office and I did not want to transport one in my carry-on luggage.

I have since replaced it with the official MSFT one. So far it works great. It does have the plug shaped to the angle of the SP3 and the texture is the same as the Power Adapter so it 'matches' .

I also have a Startech Mini-DP to HDMI and it is still going strong; but I don't use it nearly as much.

so there is nothing special to get it to work - they work just like plugging in any monitor to a computer.

Last edited:

tuchas

I have the MS branded ones. Worth every penny. The HDMI and VGA adapters work flawlessly.