What's new

Miracast lagging connection

silent7crow

Hi everyone. I just bought the adapter to extend the monitor from my SurfacePro3 to the the tv. Connection worked like a charm but it lags a lot, the second screen (tv) flickers continuously and the mouse pointer is slow and late. Conclusion: it's almost unusable. Any suggestions?
Thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Which adapter did you purchase? Are you using 2.4GHz or 5GHz for your wireless?

The 2 best Miracast Adapters on the market currently are the Microsoft Wireless Adapter and Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro as they have implemented "Mouse Redraw" vs. "Screen Redraw". If you are using 2.4GHz for wireless moving it 5GHz could improve performance.

OP
S

silent7crow

Thanks. I have the Microsoft adapter and I believe I'm on 2.4 GHz, have to check if I have 5 GHz. Get back to you on that asap

CrippsCorner

I've found there's always a little mouse lag. Not so bad if you're watching movies etc. but not ideal for general browsing.

Unfortunately the original Surface Pro cannot connect to Miracast via 5GHz so I am unable to test that connection.

I get the odd glitch on screen but I managed to watch the whole Microsoft presentation recently on my TV which worked brilliantly :) (crashed once, but right near the end luckily lol)

OP
S

silent7crow

I've found there's always a little mouse lag. Not so bad if you're watching movies etc. but not ideal for general browsing.

Unfortunately the original Surface Pro cannot connect to Miracast via 5GHz so I am unable to test that connection.

I get the odd glitch on screen but I managed to watch the whole Microsoft presentation recently on my TV which worked brilliantly :) (crashed once, but right near the end luckily lol)
So you're telling me that at best the performance is laggy and crashes here and there? No chance for text editing via Miracast? Please don't tell me this [emoji22]

CrippsCorner

It's wireless! There's always a problem with wireless lol... I still love the technology but no, it's certainly not perfect.