What's new

Modern Word Processor Discussion Thread

OP
G

goodintentions

Oh I know, I'll keep my expectations reasonable! But as far as I can tell, at $7 and no subscription, your program falls exactly where I need it to. I just wish I could help out with the coding haha.

As for your newer question about the trial, I downloaded it (hit try) but I don't see a timer and the read-only check box is marked and blocked off.
Ok, thank you. Are you using rt or intel?

OP
G

goodintentions

Thank you for your help. Just solved the bug with regard to the full features for 3 days. An update will be sent out right away to give you full features for 3 days before going into read only mode.

lparsons21

Add this to your issues... :)

I bought the app a bit ago, today an update showed up and now it shows 'trial' and 'read only'. When I click 'buy app' it shows I already own it but still is set to 'read only' and the selection is grayed so I can't change it.

Please fix as soon as you have time.

Thanks.

OP
G

goodintentions

I know. Already got a 1 star because of this bug.

Question for you. Are you using windows rt or windows intel? Reason I ask is because I'm trying to track down this bug. My test device works just fine with the new update. Hard to track down the bug if my own devices are working fine with it. I don't have an rt device, so may be this problem affect rt system?

OP
G

goodintentions

I think I got it. This bug affects winrt and x64 systems. My test device is x86.

That said, I still have no idea what the hell is causing the bug. On my x84 tablet, I just uninstalled and reinstalled. Works fine. Borrowed someone's winrt device, and it's showing the same symptom as you described.

Why me?

OP
G

goodintentions

I tried installing and reinstalling and it didn't help.

Just for info.
Me, too with the winrt and x64. The x86 seems fine, though. I have a theory. May be it has something to do with the file content format of the license.

I'm still in my office right now working on my real job. Doing a pay estimate for the laborers before I press the payment button. These are big guys, so if I don't pay them they might murder me in my bed. Doesn't help that I fined them $2,500 a couple weeks ago for safety violations LOL.

You happen to have an x86 device? It would really help if you could test it out with an x86 device.

OP
G

goodintentions

Ok, I think I got it.

I just sent out an update. In the settings, the version should be 3.0.0.3. If you have any version earlier than this, then you still have the bug. Please be patient until 3.0.0.3 arrives in the store system.

Last edited:

lparsons21

Got it just now. Came up as trial, when I selected 'buy it', it went through the process of buying it and then said I already owned it and it wasn't bought again. Now things are right.

Great job!!

OP
G

goodintentions

Got it just now. Came up as trial, when I selected 'buy it', it went through the process of buying it and then said I already owned it and it wasn't bought again. Now things are right.

Great job!!
Nope. The version you have still has a bug. Check in the settings window. If it's earlier than 3.0.1.3, then it's not completely fixed. 3.0.1.3 should be available for download on Monday. MS stopped certifying updates over the weekend.

Hope this bug won't give me a barrage of 1 star reviews LOL.

Last edited: