What's new

More Tiles On My Screen - Not Sure How It Happened But I Like It

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
So this morning I started up my Surface Pro 2 and found more tiles fitting on my screen than I've seen before. I don't know how this happened, but I like it.
It could be that a sync with a Mac running Windows 8.1 with Parallels made the change.

Anyway, here are some screen shots, and also the resolution settings.

Screenshot (92).png

Screenshot (93).png

Screenshot (94).png

Screenshot (95).png

Last edited:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
on the start screen, bring up settings and click tiles, you'll see an option to show more tiles

I am very aware of that setting. But "Show more tiles on the Start screen" has merely meant "Show 4 high instead of 3 high" until today, with 6.

godson594

At first I was like hmm what kind of app is this he's running? A girl tracker?!?! - Then I saw the Pandora icon :D

OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, CreativeLemming, but here is a screenshot of that setting dialogue on my SP2: Only "Larger" or "Default".
Good thing I like it! :)

Screenshot (97).png
Screenshot (99).png

Last edited:

GoodBytes

sharpcolorado, it is exactly like the_new_normal.
You probably connected the Surface pro 2 to an external display, and Windows got confused.
On my desktop, I have the same option as you: Default and Larger.

Since day 1, I have it like what you have.

(screenshot before update 1)
surf1.png

surf2.png

Last edited:
OP
sharpuser

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
sharpcolorado, it is exactly like the_new_normal.
You probably connected the Surface pro 2 to an external display...

I didn't connect to an external display, but I did run Windows 8.1 (with my Microsoft account) on a Mac via Parallels. Windows syncing with these settings results in 6-high tiles. I am keeping it this way.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

Take it that it still keeps even after a reboot? Personally I don't like it, very messy! But as long as you're happy... bonus :)