What's new

Mouse Cursor Sticking

bfarrell

Recently my cursor began "sticking to the location of my screen shown in the picture. I also noticed that the Ink Tools would activate as well. I cannot get it to unstick until I do a CNTL-ALT-DEL. then just escape and it is back to normal for a while.

As you can see in the image, a halo appears around the arrow and the arrow will not leave the area.

Any ideas?

upload_2017-4-25_14-14-20.jpg

ScottyS

The halo looks like the phantom touches some of us had (search this forum for it, there's lots of posts). If using a mouse when it happens the cursor jumps to that spot. Mine got fixed after Windows updates. What version of Windows are you running and have you applied all updates?

OP
B

bfarrell

I have been using the Surface for 2 years now with no issues. Ironically my company just applied some major windows updates when It started happening. I am running Windows 8. Yes, I believe all updates have been applied, but it happens from our IT department.

OP
B

bfarrell

Yes. I have it connected to 2 external monitors. I used it recently (last 2 days) undocked and had no issues.