Mouse/Web Pages Help

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by Akajak, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Akajak

Akajak New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Dear All,

joined the forum as I cannot get a solution from Microsoft and wondered if anyone has had a similar experience with Surface Pro 3 and wedge mouse
    the problem I encounter is frustrating my use of surface pro 3; in a nutshell

if I have a web page open and move the mouse pointer to a hyperlink, before I can click on the hyperlink the web page moves and I end up clicking on the equivalent of thin air or a different link; the web page scrolls up as I approach the hyperlink with the mouse pointer

any help gratefully received; don't know if it's a contributory factor but the web pages are very small text difficult to read I always end up increasing their size by using finger gestures on the touch screen to enlargd

TIA

Andrew

2. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Welcome Andrew!

Which browser are you using? And is it just a single page that is the problem, or all pages? Also you specifically mentioned the Wedge mouse- are you saying this behavior doesn't happen if you use the touchpad on TypeCover, or a different mouse?

3. Akajak

Akajak New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    thank you Michael
    it is IE 11 and Firefox 39; it happens on around 50% of pages and is very frustrating
    I haven't used the device without the wedge mouse as I prefer it to the touchpad but I will check;
    On the surface pro when I went to quick the reply button the page moved when the mouse pointer came near the post reply box
    thank you
    Andrew