What's new

MP4 files

NancyH1990

Saturday, purchased i7 & 512. That was a chunk of $.

Even couple of my software would not open, I already used 75% of the 512.

On my iPad, my normal routine is using Leawo BluRay Ripper to get the movie into MP4 format. I then used Dropbox to get the movies to my iPad so I can watch movies while on plane.

What is the proper way of getting the BluRay movies into my 128GB micro SD?

Thanks so much for your help.

riggi

Or, just put your micro sd into your pc/laptop (might need a USB adaptor) that you are ripping the blueray on and then drag and drop it, then move the microsd to your sp3.
A lot faster than Dropbox if you don't need to backup in the cloud.

bluegrass

You want to transcribe all the vob files in the movie's video_ts folder into one mp4 file and copy the mp4 file to your local Surface ssd drive. The micro SD drive is considerably slower then the ssd drive. After your through viewing them backup and remove the mp4 files from your ssd to free up valuable & expensive ssd drive space. As for as the Dropbox goes, if you keep a local Dropbox on your Surface, that is keeping a local copy of everything in the cloud. That's probably not good use either of your valuable ssd space. I also have a 512 gb ssd but still try and keep it clean & lean as possible.

Not sure how you filled up 75% of you ssd already but you better look into where it's getting used up. Perhaps you have a large Dropbox and it's syncing your Dropbox cloud to your Surface. Storing HD movies on your ssd will also eat up ssd space quickly, at about 12 gig per movie.

kozak79

I would use OneDrive (from microsoft). Create a "Movie" folder within your OneDrive folder, right click on it and set to "Make Available Offline". On the computer that you are ripping the BluRays, just place the MP4's into the Movie folder within your OneDrive folder and it will automatically upload to your SP3 whenever it's connected to WiFi. You could use a microSD card, but some people, not all, are reporting audio sync issues watching from a microSD card. Not all SD cards are created equal, so it might work fine, or it might be too slow.

Last edited:

joell85

Why not just use the wireless network and copy the files directly. Uploading large HD files to a cloud storage and then down again seems like a waste of time.

ctitanic

Why not just use the wireless network and copy the files directly. Uploading large HD files to a cloud storage and then down again seems like a waste of time.
And how did You copy from the iPad into a share folder in your SP3? I don't recall of any file explorer App for iPad.