What's new

MS BT multi OS Keyboard to be available in October

leeshor

This looks very interesting. A blue tooth universal keyboard that will work with iOS, Windows Android AND tablets and/or phones. And under $80 US.

Straight from Microsoft.

microsoft-universal-keyboard-100435955-large.png

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't used a BT device yet that I really like. reliability and battery life are the issues ... too little of either.

clemgrad85

I'm struggling with the keyboard for my SP2 as well. Have been using the Type Cover with Bluetooth adapter since March and really having issues. The cursor jumps all over the place and lately when typing it will suddenly stop...freeze. I either have to move the cursor to another location to start to type, or sometimes if I move the cursor to the beginning of the work it froze on it will start typing again. This really slows things down! I'm currently using a good old plug in keyboard and it works great, but, seems bulky and takes up more space on my desk. If anyone has had a good experience with the K810 or the one mentioned to start this thread, please reply in here. Thanks!

r0b123

I'm struggling with the keyboard for my SP2 as well. Have been using the Type Cover with Bluetooth adapter since March and really having issues. The cursor jumps all over the place and lately when typing it will suddenly stop...freeze. I either have to move the cursor to another location to start to type, or sometimes if I move the cursor to the beginning of the work it froze on it will start typing again. This really slows things down! I'm currently using a good old plug in keyboard and it works great, but, seems bulky and takes up more space on my desk. If anyone has had a good experience with the K810 or the one mentioned to start this thread, please reply in here. Thanks!

Someone posted good feedback on the Logitech K810 on another thread here:
http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/bluetooth-keyboard.12215/

Since I need a BT keyboard with backlit keys, I just ordered one this morning on Amazon.

clemgrad85

Someone posted good feedback on the Logitech K810 on another thread here:
http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/bluetooth-keyboard.12215/

Since I need a BT keyboard with backlit keys, I just ordered one this morning on Amazon.

Good deal.....might go that route as well. This old clunky keyboard works great, but sure takes up major desk space....annoying....but, at least I can type without having to stop! I'll do a little more research on the K810 and might pull the trigger as well.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I had 1/4 the accessory budget you have.

Well, I am a geophysicist/geologist/engineer, and find that through various number-crunching platforms, and the right accessories to make them readily-available, I actually save/make money. I have little tolerance for stuff that does not work.

But I've got lots of patience for people.
People are forever.