What's new

MS Sculpt Comfort BT mouse + Bose Soundlink Mini issue

OP
S

Sven

Given that my miuse completely stops working as soon as the Bose is connected (without playing any audio), I wouldnt be too quick to say its bandwidth related

Well perhaps interference or a degree of incompatibility at a driver or Bluetooth stack level, but it is definitely causing another device to have "drop outs" - or periods of excessive lag. Perhaps bandwidth, or lack thereof, may not be the most apt description, but it is something along those lines.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll just throw this out for consideration, what if the Bose Soundlink is like that annoying kid in the room that's always urgently asking questions.

From the Bluetooth protocol spec " This is used by parked slaves to determine whether it is allowed to send access messages"

This is conceptual to illustrate a hypothetical problem of one device stuck in interrupt mode.
Grasshopper: I need service
Master to Grasshopper: what is it Grasshopper
Mouse: squeak
Master to mouse: wait I'm servicing Grasshopper
Grasshopper: send me audio
Master to Grasshopper : I have nothing for you
Grasshopper: I need service
Master to Grasshopper: what is it Grasshopper
Mouse: squeak
Master to mouse: wait I'm servicing Grasshopper
Grasshopper: send me audio
Master to Grasshopper : I have nothing for you

IF a device was constantly sending interrupts is might be possible to flood the communications channel effectively disabling other devices. Like in a Denial of Service attack.

It may be either device malfunctioning or a driver issue with either device. Without some diagnostic capability we can only speculate.

Swapping out devices seems like the best option at this point (either a replacement or completely different device).
If you bought from a physical store you might take it back and see if you can try a different device to eliminate the problem. OR go to any store and see if you can try a device to see if it will work. I want to buy X but I want to make sure it will work... or order from Amazon and return if needed.

Last edited: