MUI IE vs Chrome Performance

ctitanic

FileDownloadHandler (2).jpg
FileDownloadHandler (2).png

Nothing scientific, just compare the two screenshots

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Im getting my First i7(me) & i5(for my wife) SP3 tomorrow Morning , What is the actual Battery life impact ? 1/2 hour to 1 hour in real time scenario ? Because I use Chrome all the times.
Lets say that is you get 6 hours using IE you will get 2 using Chrome.

Sathish

Lets say that is you get 6 hours using IE you will get 2 using Chrome.
Thanks for your reply , But Still I will go with SP3 ,I will try to IE in Battery Mode and Chrome in Charging Mode . This will resolve my issues . I'm expecting google to address this High DPI Chrome issue ASAP.

Im going to be the first person to collect my SP3s tomorrow on official launch date (Australia) .

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

Thanks for your reply , But Still I will go with SP3 ,I will try to IE in Battery Mode and Chrome in Charging Mode . This will resolve my issues . I'm expecting google to address this High DPI Chrome issue ASAP.

Im going to be the first person to collect my SP3s tomorrow on official launch date (Australia) .
There is also a heat issue. 74c vs 50c.

benjitek

What is the actual Battery life impact ?
The issue relating to battery life will be fixed soon, if Chrome is your preference otherwise, there's no reason not to use it -- or for now install both and use Chrome when you're plugged in. Until then, you can expect >up to< a 25% reduction in battery life.

So, if your Surface Pro 3 were sitting idle for 6 hours before the battery was depleted, it would be out of juice in, at the soonest, 4.5 hours if Chrome were running. Also, if IE were running, it would run out before 6 hours of idle-time comparison as well, by how much, your guess is as good as mine ;-)

raqball

I don't mind Chrome and it's all I used before. I never liked IE but in all fairness I think the last time I used IE was on IE 8.

IE has come a long way and it's actually not bad now. Maybe MS should look into renaming it as IE's name is tarnished, in my opinion, by the rather horrible previous versions..