Multiple new Surface tablets to be unveiled on May 20th

Discussion in 'Surface Forum Site News' started by dgstorm, May 7, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

Microsoft is widely expected to take the wraps off of a smaller “Surface mini” tablet during a press conference in New York City on May 20th. According to a new report, however, the Surface mini will be just one of several new tablet models that Microsoft plans to unveil at its event later this month.

Bloomberg on Wednesday reported that Microsoft will indeed debut a new smaller Surface tablet at its Surface event in two weeks. The report also notes that it will be powered by a Qualcomm processor this time around — Microsoft’s earlier Windows RT tablets were powered by Nvidia chipsets.

But the Surface mini apparently isn’t the only new tablet Microsoft plans to debut later this month.

According to Bloomberg, Microsoft will also unveil several other new Surface tablets on May 20th, including multiple tablets powered by Intel processors.

Continue Reading @: Surface Mini Details Emerge, Multiple Models Coming | BGR

2. fonzman78

fonzman78 Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    YES!!! The Surface Gods are good to us. :) I hope there will be a Surface 3.

3. stranger4all

stranger4all Member

hopping for an update to the SP2 :) , Surface is simply not the same machine without the desktop capabilities.

4. quadtronix

quadtronix Member

I'm mostly interested in a Surface Mini at this point.... Had the original Surface RT and loved it but was a little too heavy and big for my use cases. A surface mini would be perfect for me.

5. macmee

macmee Active Member

If I were to guess I'd bet they're releasing another RT device and an Atom device as well, both 8 inches and incredibly cheap.