What's new

Nearly new Surface 2

olderboulder

On the spur of the moment I bought a Surface 2 from Dell Financial services on eBay for $99 and it came with a battery keyboard cover. I didn't realize what RT meant but should have been alerted by the CPU. Well, it makes a great digital picture frame.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you enable the Tracking Lists in IE it servers as reasonably effective ADblocking. I use Easy List, Easy Privacy and Stop Google Tracking. Launch the Desktop IE and make the settings in Manage-Add-Ons, Tracking Protection it will apply to the Metro IE also. Even so the Tegra 4 nowadays can be a bit slow at times. As time goes forward the web gets heavier and chips are locked in time.

Alternatively you can use the Hosts file method which is more effective but breaks some sites. For that I recommend MVPS Hosts. Blocking Unwanted Connections with a Hosts File

Welcome to the forums. I am still using my Surface 2 and it suits me fine. I do not use it as my main machine, since it has some limitations. As far as surfacing the web, watching movies, and creating presentations and documents, it serves me well. I always take it with me when I travel or give presentations. The perfect size.

Hope you can find some use for it.

Cheers,

Shawn

OP
O

olderboulder

I got the right one this time...a Surface Pro 128Gb with pen and keyboard for $199 on eBay. It looks nearly new. It took most of a day to update from Windows 8 to Windows 10 which was free. It works great!