What's new

need advice

RémiM

Hi there,

I need an advice concerning a trouble with my SP3.

Since day 1 my SP3, which is already a replacement device -- my original SP3 had screen bleeding -- has a strange and quite large mark underneath the screen. It is not the circular mark that we've seen on some devices, but there is a mark that looks like nothing else I've seen before. It is not a scratch or a tool mark, it's a mark inside the glass I guess. Maybe a defect in the glass, I really don't know. It does not really bother me when I use my SP3, but when the tablet is turned off, I see it and then it bother me. And by the way, a big tablet is all about the screen, particularly for an expensive device.

Well, that said, now I have time to exchange the device but I have 3 options and I don't know which one to choose:

1) proceed to a regular exchange, and try to wrap my SP3 as well as I can and very safely for it not to be broken during the shipment. I've read that some folks had really bead experiences.

2) proceed to an advanced exchange, and use the provided safe box to send back my SP3. I would be more comfortable doing this. Microsoft will hold 1000$ on my bank account. Are they rigorous on the time they hold the money ? Or could they be holding it for weeks ? What if they think I did the mark myself (unlikely to happen as the mark is underneath the screen) ?

3) give my SP3 to my wife as she is travelling to Toronto on friday, and ask her to go to a Microsoft Store to proceed an exchange. Actually, Toronto is the closest city where there is a Store. Will my wife need some papers to prove that the SP3 is mine and not a stolen one ?

What would you do if you were in my situation ?
Thanks for your suggestions !

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I would do the advanced exchange. less stress on the wife. Happy wife happy life. :)
I don't know about the hold time, Id ask them if its a real concern.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about that screen mark.
But I would do the advanced exchange. I think that is the lowest risk, highest reward option.