What's new

Need Help(Not Sure where to put this)

I was using my laptop and when i upgraded to windows 10, I decided after it upgraded, to have some fun time on it.Then after awhile I would reset it. But then when it finished, I got INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, i tried everything. i tried booting my computer with a Usb Flash Drive thats empty and over 3 GBs, with Windows 10 Install, i tried using repair my computer. But nothing Worked. I went from Windows 7 to 10 by the way. Can somebody please help me! I even looked up other videos and forums, but nothing worked.

malberttoo

I was using my laptop and when i upgraded to windows 10, I decided after it upgraded, to have some fun time on it.Then after awhile I would reset it. But then when it finished, I got INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, i tried everything. i tried booting my computer with a Usb Flash Drive thats empty and over 3 GBs, with Windows 10 Install, i tried using repair my computer. But nothing Worked. I went from Windows 7 to 10 by the way. Can somebody please help me! I even looked up other videos and forums, but nothing worked.

Hi, what kind of computer do you have?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
To get to the bottom we'll have to get specific.

You installed Windows 10 and then performed a Reset (which would remove everything and reinstall windows to factory condition)? Yes or No.
if Yes was the Reset to Win 7???

It's not clear to me what state the computer was in when it failed.

If you use the Media Creation Tool to create a USB drive it should boot and if the previous install activated you should be able to wipe the partitions and do a Clean Install. The link has instructions for clean install at the bottom (expand the topics). I would assume if you used it for a while it was activated, but if it wasn't you'll probably get stuck.

No, there was an option where i could RESET my computer BUT not back to Win 7, it stayed Windows 10. I tried using a USB, then i opened the Multiboot Menu(i press f12 when it says the computer brand name when first turning on the computer.) I booted it but heres what it sorta said. Please take out the usb and then restart your computer and plug in the usb port back on, so that windows can start normally. But i can't start windows cause i have the error: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. So I don't know what to do.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
How did you make the USB?

I have used the Media Creation Tool to make a bootable USB that I successfully booted a Lenovo Laptop with. It downloads Win10 to the USB then verifies it.

Last edited:
Here are the Drives:
Drive 0 Partition 1: SYSTEM_DRV| System
Drive 0 Partition 2: [BLANK]| Primary
Drive 0 Partition 3: LENOVO| Primary
Drive 0 Partition 4: LENOVO_PART| RESERVED.