What's new

Need help (Surface parts are assembly sources)

gpd265

I am working on a grant to purchase several Surface Pro 3 for my Police Department, I have come up with a small problem, part of the grant requires that the computers have to be assembled or parts made in the US in order to get the grant. If anyone has any sites that might help find something to help me please advise.

Thanks

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

I'm going to add a little to your title so it may draw the proper attention.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm, that will be tough. Maybe if there was more to it like a custom wood or other material case or mount and accessories made and assembled in the US. Anymore there's precious little of any computer that's manufactured or assembled in the US, particularly in the tablet form factor. It a self fulfilling prophecy when you only hire people in Asia for a specific job pretty soon there are no qualified candidates locally. It's cheaper to do it all in Asia and float or fly them over the Pacific.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I am working on a grant to purchase several Surface Pro 3 for my Police Department, I have come up with a small problem, part of the grant requires that the computers have to be assembled or parts made in the US in order to get the grant. If anyone has any sites that might help find something to help me please advise.

Thanks
This is a question for Microsoft, (@)surface on twitter or reach out to Microsoft Business Sales....