What's new

Need Information prior to purchasing Microsoft Surface.Help!!

alcatraz

I am thinking of purchasing Microsoft Surface next month but one fear I have in my mind is whether Microsoft plans on releasing the second generation surface within a year or so.The reason is the fact that I am making quite a hefty investment in the type cover version and the last time I bought a lumia 900 the very next month Microsoft announced it wont be getting Windows Phone 8 leaving me gnashing my teeth so can please anyone inform me wehther microsoft plans on releasing the next generation surface in the upcoming year?(not talking about Surface pro)Thanks :)

drowe

Yes they are. Everyone is making new things every day. You will only have the newest thing for somewhere between a day and a few months. Buy what you want and stop worrying about what might come out.

TrentonT

Hi welcome to the world of tecnology. Like all other things tech you pick your entry point and jump in, with any luck you will have the latest and greatest until you hit the power switch for the first time..
:):eek:mg::):tongue:

Rallicat

I am thinking of purchasing Microsoft Surface next month but one fear I have in my mind is whether Microsoft plans on releasing the second generation surface within a year or so.The reason is the fact that I am making quite a hefty investment in the type cover version and the last time I bought a lumia 900 the very next month Microsoft announced it wont be getting Windows Phone 8 leaving me gnashing my teeth so can please anyone inform me wehther microsoft plans on releasing the next generation surface in the upcoming year?(not talking about Surface pro)Thanks :)

I think you can be fairly sure that given the product just came out, and is running software that is also newly released, that you're not going to be left high and dry by January!

It's probably a safe bet that 'Surface 2' if/when it comes, will be about a year away, and Windows RT is of course going to have a multi-year life, and within that life various updates are going to come along to keep improving the product.

So, whilst it's true that there are going to be new products coming in the future, I wouldn't worry about it being a matter of months before Surface 2 comes along - I'd feel pretty confident buying within the time-frame you're talking about.