What's new

Need Smart Tech Help!

cuto88

I replaced my surface pro screen/digitizer and the screen doesn't power on. I bought another surface pro and transferred the screen/digitizer and it works on that one. Any idea what the problem can be? On the first one, I can hear it power on and I know its powered on because when I press the windows button I feel the vibrate. I cant tell if its the backlight because I see nothing even with flashlight and its a completely new screen/digitizer that works on the other surface.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Logically it would have to be either the internal power feed to the screen or the controller. i.e logic board.
When you power on do you see any subtle changes on the screen? Usually you will see a subtle grayscale change.

OP
C

cuto88

I see no grayscale either. Screen is completely blank. I do know that it works and have power though based on the response from the vibrate. What would I have to change/fix to get it working again?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know, how many parts do you see? I think besides the screen the only real other choice is the motherboard. the rest is just miscellaneous parts unrelated to the screen functioning.

There's four cables that connect the screen assembly, Id think the Windows button connection is separate from the actual screen.

Microsoft Surface Pro Teardown