What's new

Need some advice

elitis

i need some advice, im about to go university and unsure what to buy, I can either buy the i3 surface pro 3 or the i5 surface pro 2. Any suggestions? Im not sure what to pick as the surface pro 3 has a bigger screen size, but the surface pro 2 is more powerful. I will be playing small games on it like counterstrike but nothing huge

fifl

Coming from sp2 to sp3 i would never go back to the smaller screen on sp2. Sp3 has made my studying and overall experience much better. The larger screen is especially better for note taking in onenote etc

OP
E

elitis

Thanks for your advice!

Is there much difference between the i3 sp3 and the i5 sp2 perfomance wise?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Id recommend for $200 more, possibly less with the student discount, get the SP3 i5 / 128. over 4 years that's just $50/yr. you would likely find the 64gb limiting ... only about half that is available to you... you would definitely need a micro SD card. That extra 200 would be among the best 200 you'll ever spend, beg, or borrow. Eat cheap for 6 weeks.

malberttoo

i need some advice, im about to go university and unsure what to buy, I can either buy the i3 surface pro 3 or the i5 surface pro 2. Any suggestions? Im not sure what to pick as the surface pro 3 has a bigger screen size, but the surface pro 2 is more powerful. I will be playing small games on it like counterstrike but nothing huge

Get the i5/128. Definitely worth the extra $$, and not something that your budget probably couldn't recover from soon.