What's new

NET 4.5.2

andy1494

can any one help me how to remove for surface, it not showing up in program so I cannot uninstall from there, but when I try and other version it telling me 4.5 is already installed thanks

tarrant64

Why are you trying to remove? In some cases it'll remove other things that you actually want. Is it not working, are you trying to downgrade (shouldn't be necessary)?

It's not something you'll see in Programs - it's a built-in feature for Windows. So you could try to use powershell command (run as administrator) to uninstall the 'feature'. Please note that I think even powershell doesn't work without it, including some UI components, desktop experience, etc.

OP
A

andy1494

ic it because I use vyprvpn but for some reason the last update with the net 4.52 I stopping it from working so I was told to uninstall it

tarrant64

I guess go back to add/remove programs and you will have the option to look at installed windows updates- not just programs installed. i would look to see if the latest .net you installed is there and remove it. I don't know how well removing .net 4.5 overall will work out.

vxm

hi,

I've had to delete 4.52 after it messed up my Painter 2015. Found out on Painter forums that it messed up startup and auto-update and they are currently waiting for NetFramework update to fix those issues. In order to unninstall this particular version I first looked it up in update history- it should be listed as NetFramework 4.52 followed by code (KBxxxxxx)- this code is important! Once you locate netframework, you navigate to installed updates and find it by update code and manually uninstall from there.