What's new

Netflix issues

jase2015

hi there please forgive me if this has already been covered in a previous thread.

I just recently bought a SP3 i5 (256gb 8gb RAM) and its excellent. However, i do notice that streaming HD films on netflix shows a lot of pixelation and poor black contrast in comparison to my ipad. Has anyone else had this and found a way to correct it?

I have not done anything with settings etc

Thanks and once again sorry if this issue has already been discussed.

kundas1

Netflix is crystal clear on my SP3, sounds like your internet might be slow and I would check your router settings... also make sure you give a little time to let the movie buffer a bit, like 30 seconds then it should clear up...

OP
J

jase2015

i notice the black contrast if i am watching netflix at night. during daytime it is fine. I have seen some other mentions of this but i will keep an eye on it. thanks for your comments

malberttoo

i notice the black contrast if i am watching netflix at night. during daytime it is fine. I have seen some other mentions of this but i will keep an eye on it. thanks for your comments

The darkness problem is definitely an SP3 issue, where it's just too dark sometimes to make out what's happening on the show. I've yet to see a satisfactory solution for it.

Personally, I downloaded the Intel video driver (which I didn't really want to do, I'd rather have stayed with the MS one) and before I watch something, I adjust the gamma setting. I don't really like that look though for anything else, and so when I'm done watching something, I have to return the gamma to its previous setting.

Kinda lame.

And, welcome to the forum!

OP
J

jase2015

The darkness problem is definitely an SP3 issue, where it's just too dark sometimes to make out what's happening on the show. I've yet to see a satisfactory solution for it.

Personally, I downloaded the Intel video driver (which I didn't really want to do, I'd rather have stayed with the MS one) and before I watch something, I adjust the gamma setting. I don't really like that look though for anything else, and so when I'm done watching something, I have to return the gamma to its previous setting.

Kinda lame.

And, welcome to the forum!
I've seen that others have downloaded the intel driver, i didn't ideally want to have to do this but if it becomes almost unusable with netflix then i will. thanks for your comments :)

kundas1

ahh ok that yes I have the same problem, yea even playing video's from the SD card does the same thing... only thing that really annoys me about the SP3...