What's new

new and not so smart.....lol

jama

Hi,
I bought a surface RT and I am learning some things about it but ran onto a few things I don't understand.

1. The mail set up is weird to say the least.....I couldn't find a menu bar and have since found that things are there when you need them but not in a menu.....I guess I will learn, but when I write a email and want to
look over it before I send it.I can't find a way to scroll the email to see it???

2.yahoo pages will not work for me, can't scroll down or anything?

2.do you need antivirus or malware??

3.Is it possible to put other mail on it? How about different browser?

Thanks in advance....I am not a young person so hope I did this right...... if not sorry.

jimkraz

I too have a Surface RT and Surface Pro, on the Surface RT you have Outlook installed and I did get used to using it but it took a wee while, I use my Surface Pro for most e-mailing, I have never used yahoo so can't help there, your Surface RT comes with built in protection and I must say I have never had a virus either on my RT or Pro or on the other five or six computers I look after, in answer to the last there is an app for e-mail I have used called touch mail, quite nice app but you cannot use Pop, not that I have looked but on RT you cannot use Google Chrome or any other browser that one might download as an .exe, as to your last comment, I'm the wrong side of 65 and enjoy both my Surface RT and Pro, hope you enjoy yours. Jim

OP
J

jama

Thanks Jim...... my husband has the same name... lol.
I have two android tablets but being used to windows on my desktop decided to try surface. I liked the androids but much more comfortable with surface.

I forgot to mention, that I must have hit a setting somewhere on the surface ......and now when I touch anywhere on screen, I get a annoying little dot under my finger..... it happens every time .....would you happen
to know how to stop it??? Thanks......