What's new

New Firmware for SP4 ?

Teclini

Get new Firmware today. Have someone information ?

upload_2017-1-18_9-9-8.png

Just received and been prompted to restart to apply said updates. Nothing on Microsoft's site to say what the changes are, nor is Paul Thurrott (thurrott.com) able to shed any light on the matter.

Denario

Received them yesterday. Was suspicious of them and spent some time on the net trying to assess if malicious or not. Installed in the end and so far not experienced any difference. Strange that there's zero info out there about these, and the dates in the updates are from months ago.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was able to find a little bit about the January 18th, 2017 Firmware update. Here is the link........
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 update history | Surface firmware updates

Most interesting for me is...............
Microsoft Driver update for Surface Integration Service Device
Surface Integration Service Device
  • 1.0.241.0 improves battery life during sleep.
Back to the drawing board with the battery life / power issues I guess. I hope this information helps some of you out.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was able to find a little bit about the January 18th, 2017 Firmware update. Here is the link........
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 update history | Surface firmware updates

Most interesting for me is...............
Microsoft Driver update for Surface Integration Service Device
Surface Integration Service Device
  • 1.0.241.0 improves battery life during sleep.
Back to the drawing board with the battery life / power issues I guess. I hope this information helps some of you out.
Id view that as a long overdue normal update delayed by all the SP4 & Windows 10 problems. This would normally come out after 3-6 months. I still hear people with Touchscreen issues requiring a reboot to return the touchscreen to functional status etc. over a year after initial reports of the problem. IMO many of the SP4 issues are/were related to Skylake stability problems although some are Windows issues... the touchscreen issue is probably Windows.

Back to battery while sleeping... there were major changes to power management introduced with Skylake. We can only hope much was learned and improved in Kaby Lake and Windows 10 and by the time CannonLake and Windows 10 3rd try rolls out in late 17 maybe the third iteration will be the good one. ;-)

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been using it for almost 48 hours with very little power drain while in sleep mode - SP4 boots up wthin seconds. Better later then never I guess. Only a year+ late. Way to go Microsoft.

Last edited: