What's new

New Firmware - July 8, 2014

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The last SP2 Firmware from June, mine and my wife's received it on Patch Tuesday, my son didn't get it until that Saturday...

BaritoneGuy

There is a new firmware just released just now.

I just installed it. What I noticed is the on battery the WIFI connection will not throttle down to 6mbps. It now stays at 300mbps which I believe is the max connection for my router (EA4500).

I would not say it solved the WIFI limited issue as I have just installed it but I sincerely hope so.

ADDENDUM: NOPE WIFI LIMITED STILL THERE and STILL THROTTLING DOWN TO 6mbps.

If you haven't already, I would suggest that you roll back the drivers in device manager to the ones the unit shipped. The WiFi works much better with that version.

jimp

Did you do a check for updates? A manual check? I did and it found the updates, I installed them and the connectivity seems better as I mentioned in a few posts up.
I have checked manually several times since noon on both units I have. Neither have made the cut, yet. I received all the security and reliability updates pushed out today, just not the new firmware.

DanL

The last SP2 Firmware from June, mine and my wife's received it on Patch Tuesday, my son didn't get it until that Saturday...

Should we still hide the June firmware if it shows back up again? Referring to the suggestions in your other thread regarding the manual driver uninstall/re-install.

DanL

I have checked manually several times since noon on both units I have. Neither have made the cut, yet. I received all the security and reliability updates pushed out today, just not the new firmware.

Sometimes the firmware updates take a while before everyone receives them. Eventually it will show up.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Should we still hide the June firmware if it shows back up again? Referring to the suggestions in your other thread regarding the manual driver uninstall/re-install.

I left it hidden as it was just the WiFi Driver, no issues installing the new stuff....

DanL

Confirmed on my SP3 the WiFi speed on battery power is back to normal. While I can't touch Jeff's hyper sonic router speeds I'm showing 65Mbps at idle.