What's new

New Firmware Out

graye

I would assume the "Surface Ethernet Adapter" they are talking about is the USB-dongle one (not the one with the dock)

OP
J

jkabaseball

My Ethernet driver is dated 7/4/14 now, nut sure about before. Paul Thurrott's preview said he needed to manually install a drive and had a screen shot of the network adapter.

bluegrass

Didn't see anything about an update for the docking station. I think I read somewhere that their will be an update for the docking station that will probably download when a docking station is connected and you do the check for updates.

Here is the only one that had to do with the Ethernet adapter.

Surface Ethernet Adapter (v8.14.0704.2014) improved support for the gigabit Surface Ethernet Adapter

Fleon

Just did the update. Now my SP3 will connect to my 5G network, but not send nor receive anything. Works just fine on the 2.4Ghz bands on the same router. Anyone else having similar issues?

ipaq_101

Just did the update. Now my SP3 will connect to my 5G network, but not send nor receive anything. Works just fine on the 2.4Ghz bands on the same router. Anyone else having similar issues?

It didn't connect to the 5Ghz before? I haven't updated to today's updates but I have always been able to connect to 5Ghz.

Fleon

No, it's always connected to the 5Ghz. However, now although it shows "connected" not "limited" or "disconnected" or anything else, it simply doesn't work. No ftp/http/smb/nothing.

Things worked before on both the 2.4 and the 5ghz.

bluegrass

I'm sure you did the obvious tech support recommendation and did a complete shutdown and reboot since you ran into the 5G problem, right?

Fleon

I did. Even uninstalled the driver, downloaded the new one again, and reinstalled.

Just... doesn't work.

ipaq_101

I did. Even uninstalled the driver, downloaded the new one again, and reinstalled.

Just... doesn't work.

Did you reset the modem, router? Forget network and reconnect?

Give that a try, see if that solves it, I doubt it will, but worth a shot.

What router do you have? If you have the Netgear Nighthawk series they had new updated firmware yesterday, maybe that will help.

Last edited: