What's new

New Firmware Update 9/29

dajogejr

I'd be happy if it fixed the WiFi Issues I have with Win10 on my SP3 Pro. That alone may help me to keep it for more than a day to try/test other features.

Numbertenox

"Problems found

The Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems."

And... no wireless.

dleuen

Well this update has bricked my SP3 :( It's stuck in a loop about DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS. Looks like I'm off to try and google a way out of that but will probably spend my day reloading. Hopefully that works.

Numbertenox

OK, not an expert here. I went to device manager and tried to roll back the Marvell driver, but the Roll Back option was grayed out. So I went to Firmware, and the only one that made sense was the Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware, so I rolled that back and now my wireless works again (I hit Roll Back Driver and then rebooted, didn't seem like anything was happening but all good).

Whew. Time to turn off automatic updates...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last edited:

dleuen

Interesting... that's the same test reported on a malware blue screen scam... article on Zdnet
Novel malware dupes victims with fake blue screen of death | ZDNet

Coincidence?

Oh at this point I only wish it was that. So far I'm not even able to boot a USB to recover. I can get to the UEFI menu and change to boot USB first but even with that it will not boot the USB drive. This really sucks. Still working on it but things are pretty bleak at the moment.